I am a UK-based mindfulness teacher and supervisor. I lead public mindfulness courses, workshops and retreats in London, Surrey, Sussex and globally online, and have introduced and taught mindfulness in workplaces such as Accenture, UNICEF UK, Imperial College Business School, the Houses of Parliament, Tate and Ardingly College.
I have written three books: Into The Heart of Mindfulness, Mindfulness: How To Live Well By Paying Attention (published in a new edition as Mindfulness Made Easy) and (as co-author) The Mindful Manifesto. I have also written extensively on mindfulness for newspapers and magazines, and wrote the Be Mindful report for the Mental Health Foundation. I also co-teach the Foundation's Be Mindful Online training course.
I am an associate of the Sussex Mindfulness Centre, and regularly speak on mindfulness-related topics, in the media and at conferences, festivals and other events. I am a supervisor of mindfulness teachers for The Mindfulness Network, and also offer individual mindfulness training, mostly via Zoom.
As well as teaching mindfulness to groups and individuals, I am passionate about the benefits of mindfulness for wider society. I am a trustee (and former co-director) of The Mindfulness Initiative, which supports the Mindfulness All-Party Parliamentary Group (MAPPG) to develop mindfulness-based policies for the UK, and I co-wrote and co-edited the MAPPG's Mindful Nation UK report. I have also worked on the Parliamentary mindfulness teaching team, leading sessions for MPs and their staff.
Contact me to discuss working with me one-to-one, either in person or via Zoom. My one-to-one offering includes initial mindfulness training (often in the form of an adapted eight-week course), mindfulness mentoring for new and more experienced practitioners, and supervision for mindfulness teachers.
Download or order guided meditation audios
Watch a video of me introducing the Be Mindful Online course (with Tessa Watt)
Read and watch media coverage of my work.
Find out who I work with.
Watch a video of my talk 'Into The Heart of Mindfulness' for Action For Happiness, given at Conway Hall in London in November 2016 (below)
You may also be interested to watch:
- Ed talking about mindfulness and depression for the Mental Health Foundation's 'Be Mindful' campaign.
- A podcast interview with Action for Happiness.
- A selection of short talks on my You Tube channel.
- Answering the question 'What Is Mindfulness?' for an interview with InPractise
You may also be interested to read:
- My blog posts for mindful.org.
- Meet Ed Halliwell, lads' mag editor turned mindfulness expert (The Telegraph interview)
- Ed Halliwell on how his journey to enlightenment began with a cup of tea (Sussex Life magazine interview)
- Stepping away from the persona (Sussex Style magazine interview)
- Other Media coverage of my work.
- Testimonials from people who've participated in my courses.